Tomatoes originated from South America, where it was a wild plant. Later on, people started cultivating tomatoes in other parts of the world as well. With the passage of time, the wild tomatoes became sweet and sour. However, the wild variety of tomatoes still grow at their original place. Tomatoes are those plants that last for some time, like for two or three years. Therefore these are perennials. Many people are not sure about the number of varieties of tomatoes because these are countless. Some of the varieties of tomatoes are Kamado tomatoes, Vintage wine, Grape tomatoes, Plum tomatoes, Thorburn’s terracotta, and Cherry tomatoes.
Kamado tomatoes have a dark brown color with a little bit of green shade in them. These tomatoes are more fleshy, and these do not contain a lot of water.
Vintage vine is from the family of heirloom tomatoes, which are old tomatoes. The color of these tomatoes is pink and golden. Grape tomatoes are small in size, just like cherry tomatoes. However, they are not as juicy as cherry tomatoes. Plum tomatoes have less water content and less number of seeds. They have thick skin.
Cherry tomatoes are small tomatoes, which you know are juicy. You would have tasted cherry tomatoes many times. Tomatoes are eaten almost daily by the people. Therefore they have to buy them every time. You can grow your organic tomatoes in your house garden. Growing a plant from seed can take more time, and if you do not have to wait for this long, then you can buy small plants of vegetables. You can do the online shopping of indoor plants, but you should make sure that plant is not suffering from any disease. For this, you should buy the plants from recognized companies.
How are tomatoes healthy for us?
If you want to get most of the tomatoes, then it would be better to pick those attractive red ones. Your body can absorb more nutrients from the cooked tomatoes.
- For your eye health
Tomatoes can improve the potential of your eye because these contain vitamin A. There are also chemicals present in the tomatoes, which are essential for protecting them from harmful rays.
- For weight loss
Those who want to slim down can do this with the help of consuming tomatoes owing to the reason that tomatoes have fiber.
- For your skin health
Tomatoes are a great source of vitamin C, which is useful to protect the skin from pollution. Vitamin C helps in clearing skin by removing pimples. As the skin remains protected, it can look younger. Thus, assist in anti-aging.
- For the health of your heart
Tomatoes are considered good for the function of your heart. It can aid in increasing blood circulation.
- For a better immune system
As you consume vitamin c, your body will not get any fevers or viral infections. Vitamin C aids in fighting the harmful bacteria, and this can keep you fit. You would definitely have a better immune system than others
- For a good mood
It is also said that if you consume tomatoes, you will not suffer from depression. It can reduce the level of depression and make you feel happy. Vitamin B in tomatoes can decrease your fatigue, and you will feel energetic.
- For the growth of your hair
Your hair will become thicker and heavier with the regular intake of tomatoes. This cute red vegetable can make your hair prettier than before.
- For detoxification of your body
Antioxidants in tomatoes can clean your body, and in this way, you will have better digestion.
Other benefits of growing tomatoes
- Why not start growing tomatoes from today because this is the best time to plant tomatoes, and you can get better results. Growing plants have become more easy as one can also buy plants online. You would have more supply of tomatoes, and you would be able to cherish them for the whole year, not seasonally.
- Tomatoes are used to make many dishes. These are used to make sauces, soups, and even eaten as a salad. Soup of tomatoes is very appetizing in winters.
- You can also save the seeds of tomatoes grown at your home. Hence you will not have to buy seeds every time you want to grow them. With the process of fermentation or by simply drying them, you can save your seeds. You should preserve the seeds of the best tomato.
- You will learn to grow plants, and you will get the experience of planting veggies. You will get to know about new tricks and techniques to get better fruit.
- Your tomatoes will not be wasted as these are regularly used, but if you had excess tomatoes, you would be able to give them to your friends and relatives. They will be pleased to receive this fresh and organic veggie.